Product Metafield Short Description
In Shopify backend, go to Settings > Custom data > Products:
Click Add definition
You need to configure some options below:
- Name: You can add the name that you wanna show for the Metafield Short Description here. Example: I added the field Name is Short Description.
- Namespace and key: You have to add theme.description_excerpt key here. This is a required option, if you do not add theme.description_excerpt key here, the Metafield Short Description cannot work.
- Description: You can add the Description for the Metafield Short Description here. In addition, this is not a required option, so you can choose to add a Description or not.
- Select Content Type: Please choose the content type: Single line text or Multi-line text. This is a required option, if you do not choose the content type: Text here, the Metafield Short Description cannot work correctly.
You guys can configure the following image below:
Then click Save button to save all changes, we will get the metafield definition as image below:
In Shopify backend > Products > All Products > open the product that you wanna add the Short Description.
In the product, please scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see the Short Description metafield option. Then fill in the content for short description of this product.
In Themes > Customize > Product page > Choose the product that you wanna configure the Metafield Short Description here:
In Product main > Description block, on the right side, you will see the option to choose Metafield:
After you configure the metafield Short Description done, when you open that product, the metafield will show automatically.
- FREE 100% EComposer Standard plan for 6 months (save you $114)
- Build ANY Shopify pages: Landing page, Sales Funnel page, Lead pages, & other custom pages tailored for your marketing campaigns.
- Create advanced sections & add to Kalles with ease
- Save up to 50 pages/sections
- 100+ professional, stunning pre-designed templates
- Anyone can build pages with live drag-drop editor